Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm in love...

     ...with stationery. Christmas cards, personalized letterhead, thank you notes, I love them all.  Now I've never been very good about sending handwritten notes, some of that natural laziness showing through. However, I have a few friends that will send a card for a rainy day, a root canal, a traffic ticket, you name it. And it's wonderful. There's just something about a handwritten note. Being able to see their writing is almost like seeing a piece of them. It's a special sentiment that simply can't be replicated in a text or e-mail.
     So I've been attempting to send more cards, starting with Christmas. I used leftover blank cards from Hobby Lobby, mostly because one of the things I dread about printing is cutting paper. They feature lyrics from the Christmas classic "Come On! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance!" by Sufjan Stevens. I stenciled it by hand which was tedious but was able to screenprint them in one night.



 Currently I am working on some Valentines. I’m very excited about these. Pictures on Monday!






No comments:

Post a Comment