Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hallelujah


So I have a new job! In about a week and a half I will start as a graphic designer at my alma mater, Cameron University. I am very excited (in a way only Ron Swanson dancing in a mini top hat can describe).

In the interest of full disclosure and transparency I have to admit that it was not easy. I graduated three years ago and this was my first job offer in my field. I have applied for at least 100 jobs in the past three years, had four interviews, and now one offer. It's tough out there folks, and for a long time I internalized all the rejection. I never thought that the economy was bad so that's why I'm not getting hired. I thought I must not be very good at this that's why I'm not getting hired.

So if you're looking for a job and facing rejection, it's not all you (I don't know you so it may be you, but it's probably not). Continue to sharpen your skills and be the best _______ you can be. That's really all any of us can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment